Friday, April 16, 2010

Whoa...stop...breathe....blog!

Life is becoming quite hectic in the Wilburn house. Ethan decided to take Martial Arts lessons. He's doing a great job too. When we first joined I seriously wondered if this was really for Ethan. Now, he's gone up two belts and has learned so much. he's really enjoying it. He wants to become part of their black belt club. A club that is committed to getting their black belts. All though, I am super excited that he's learning and having fun, you have to sign a 4 year contract. We're talking about a 4 year contract for a 6 year old. If he decides he's finished with karate, then what? We would pay for lessons for the remainder of our contract and I'm not prepared to take that leap of faith just yet. We already have to sign a year contract. We will pray and see where the Lord leads us.
Bryce didn't want to take karate. He wanted to take piano. So, a lady at our church, that is also at our church's preschool program, teaches piano to children. She's an incredible woman and has a true passion and gift for teaching young children to play the piano. She was also Bryce's 4 year old children's choir teacher last year. He's doing such a great job and has his first recital at our Spring music concert at our church. I'm so excited. He will be playing "Jesus loves Me." He's really excited about it too. I cannot believe how much they have grown this past year. Their personalities are so different. I am so thankful that God gave us twins. We were able to learn VERY early that every child is different. We learned not to compare our children with other people's children, or to each other. We learned that they learn differently and respond differently. I think God might have intended for us to learn so fast. Especially for me. As an only child (all though, I do have a half sister, but we never lived together and rarely saw each other) I really struggle with some of the things that my boys do, ESPECIALLY when they argue. I just did not get it. I'm better now but man! Just leave each other alone. However, I'm also so thankful. They have a built in best friend. They can play so well with each other when they want to and Ethan really depends a lot on Bryce when Joe or myself are not around.
And now Maggie Grace. She will be 8 months tomorrow. My, my, where has the time gone? I was thinking about this time last year and how miserable I was with the heat. Now, I look at that sweet face and just cant help but thank God for His love and His mercies. She has such a sweet personality. Her smile can light up a room. She does not have a single tooth and has been teething since about 3 months. Ethan and Bryce both had their first tooth at 4 months. She's not crawling yet but don't underestimate her. She will roll all over the room to get what she wants...well until she gets stuck under our coffee table in the living room. She loves to wave bye bye at everyone and everything. This morning when Joe walked into our room she just smiled and said "Hey, Dada, Byebye." Of course, she has no clue as to what she says. She does know who her dada is. We always say Hey to her and of course when we taught her to wave we did so by saying byebye. She's just so much fun and let me just say...one is so much easier than two at once! However, adjusting to 3 children has been, well, difficult. I didn't think it would be any different but it really has been. I was talking with my friend Cindy. She and her husband Bubba have 6 children. She asked me how I was adjusting and I told her. I felt bad because she has double what I have but she lovingly said that 3 was by far the hardest number. She even said that most women that have more than 3 will agree. She was right. Everyone I know that has more than 3 has said that 3 was the hardest. Now, I don't feel quite so bad. It still doesn't make me want anymore though. It's too much. My body and pregnancy just does not agree. Unless God has other plans for our family, we have decided we are perfectly happy with our 3 crazy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment