Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm an American!

It's been a while since my last blog. My how the time flies by when you're having fun. That's exactly what our family has been having too. A few weeks ago my sweet boys came running upstairs. They were both very excited. Ethan looked at me and with a big grin upon his face he said "Mommy! Me and Bryce are going to heaven!" I assumed he was imagining a trip to heaven. I definitely didn't think he was serious. So I said "Really? When?" And to my surprise his response wasn't what I thought it would be. He informed me that he was in fact very serious. He said that he and Bryce had just asked Jesus into their hearts. I guess because Joe and I were both 9 when we asked Jesus into our hearts I automatically assumed that they were too young. However, after carefully speaking with them and asking them some pretty tough questions. Even meeting with our Pastor at our church, we came to the realization that our little boys are in fact going to heaven. They understand exactly what it means. They understand what it truly means to call yourself a Christian. I could not be more proud of my sweet boys. The day we met with our Pastor we came home and individually asked the boys if they were a Christian. Bryce answered with a proud yes. We made sure he could tell us what it means to be a Christian. Then Ethan came to us. We asked him the exact same question. We said "Ethan, are you a Christian?" And with his big blue eyes he said (very serious) "NO!" Of course I'm shocked. What on earth? We just met with our Pastor, we went over everything, he explained it to us. He told us how we could become a Christian and yet he's not? HUH? So I asked him why not. His response: "Because I'm an American!" I couldn't help but smile. I explained him that when we become saved, we call ourselves Christians. I got the typical "oh" and we moved on. Now they're asking if their grandparents are saved and if their little friends are saved. I pray for my boys that they grow up to be men of God. I pray nightly for their future wives, that they are growing up in Christian homes with values. God has blessed us with His children to call ours but only for a short time. I'm learning that time flies by quickly and to cherish every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment