Thursday, June 11, 2009

Teaching us patience.

We have a number of things going on in our lives right now and it always amazes me how impatient we can become. God has a funny way of slowing us down, reminding us that it's His time that is right not ours. I am a procrastinator. My motto should be "If it wasn't for the last minute I would never get anything done." This is definitely one of my faults and all though I am able to recognize this fault I have very difficult time changing it. So with that being said, I usually have to run out of the house in a dash, usually forgetting something, trying to get the boys in the car as quickly as possible and hurry along my way. I'm usually slowed down by red lights or traffic, especially if headed to Henry County, or the phone will ring and I cannot let the answering machine pick it up, I have to know what is going on. Well currently Joe and I are both learning the true meaning of patience. Not just waiting things out, but honestly giving it to God to take care of and knowing that His will is so much better than our own. I mentioned in a previous blog that we have the boys on a waiting list at Creekside Christian Academy. They called last week and said that we should know something by the end of this week. Well today is Thursday and I have had the phone by my side at all times. Joe messaged me earlier on my Blackberry and asked if I had heard anything. We were reminded that yesterday while in the car we heard the song "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller. The song says "I'm waiting on you Lord and I'm hopeful.......but patiently I will wait." We heard this song 3 times in the span of maybe 2 hours. Sometimes we don't always hear what God is trying to tell us but sometimes we do. So while we are waiting....we will be patient, peaceful. We will move ahead bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. We will serve Him, we will worship, we will not fade. God is good all the time and all the time God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment