Monday, June 8, 2009

Ethan lost a tooth!


My sweet Ethan lost his very first tooth the other day!!! I could not believe it! I wasn't expecting this to happen for at least another year but to my surprise it happened just a few days ago! He was coming up the stairs to tell me something and I heard him fall. He came into our bedroom sort of crying, more of a whining than anything and was holding his belly. I asked him what happened and he strained to get the words out. He was fine, just had the wind knocked out of him. But as he was "crying" I noticed that his front tooth was pushed back. I asked him if he had hit his mouth on one of the stairs and he said no. I asked if his tooth or mouth hurt and of course he said no. So, I, tell him to open wide and proceeded to see if his tooth was knocked out or actually loose. It was loose!!! I told him (in my very high, hyper voice) that he had a loose tooth. He grabbed his mouth, ran into their bathroom and slammed the door. I immediately followed to see if he was OK and I could tell that he was embarrassed and scared. I explained to him that he would get a new, bigger tooth that would hopefully never fall out and he eventually came around. I explained to him that he would get a visit from the tooth fairy that night and that, of course, made all things better. Well Bryce heard all the commotion and came up stairs and to my surprise once again, Bryce was upset that he didn't have a loose tooth. So, I explained to Bryce that he would but just not right now. So I asked Ethan if I could "dry" his tooth off with a rag but the tooth wouldn't budge. I of course didn't think it was ready to come out. Then I noticed that as he wiggled his loose tooth you could literally see the hole underneath. So this time I "dried" the tooth off with toilet tissue and it came right out! No blood and thankfully no screams. Ethan was so excited to show his friends and tell all of our family members. I think he is just the cutest thing with his missing tooth.

1 comment:

  1. That is cute! I can not tell you how much I am not looking forward to the time when Kaylee starts to shed her baby teeth. I had a bad experience as a child and do not look foward to it! That is one thing Thomas is going to have to deal with!!!

    ReplyDelete