Saturday, June 20, 2009

What is in your belly?

This past week was VBS week at our church. I say it all the time but I love our church. VBS week (although tiring) is such a fun week. This year (and last) I helped my best friend Sarah with the K4 and Kindergarten music. We had approximately 150 children just in our classes (all classes combined!) Each class was different from the next but what wasn't different was the question that many asked me.."What do you have in your belly?" I guess I just assumed that it was obvious that I have a baby in my belly but to so many of these children they didn't know that. So I, being me, had to have a little fun. The first time I was asked the question I told the little boy that I had a basketball in my belly. Of course, other children laughed and said "No it's not! It's a baby!" and that was pretty much it. Well I got the exact same question over and over again throughout the week. I told one little girl that I swallowed too many watermelon seeds and had a watermelon growing and she just looked at me and said "that's nasty! That's just too nasty!" It absolutely amazes me how blunt children are. It's adorable (at times). I also had many children asking me if I was going to have the baby there at church. The children were just too funny. I cant believe another year of VBS has come and gone already. I believe we had around 650 kids to attend. I hope to find out on Sunday how many accepted Christ into their hearts. That's is the ultimate goal after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment