Thursday, March 12, 2009

Allergic Reactions

With the budding flowers and trees and Spring right around the corner, I have noticed that it's starting to affect my allergies. It's also affecting the boys. They of course do not quite understand that the outside world is causing quite an ordeal. They do, however, understand what it means to be allergic to certain things. For them it's cats and dogs. They know what happens to them if they touch them. With that being said, last night I could tell their allergies were pretty bothersome. So out came the children's Zyrtec. Bryce took him after numerous questions..."what kind is it? Does it taste bad? Have I had it before? Can I get my juice first? Is it the clear king?" Ethan on the other hand looked at me with his big blue puppy dog eyes and very seriously said "Is it nasty because you know mommy, I'm allergic to nasty stuff!" I explained to him that Bryce had already taken his like a big boy and it was now his turn to take his. He then said "I'm allergic to everything Bryce likes." I did everything I could to keep a straight face. Kids will say anything to avoid taking medicines. It reminds me of myself when I was a little girl. At least they're not hiding the chewable Tylenol in the couch yet. Oh I have so much to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment