Monday, March 23, 2009

Dates and Alabama ambulances

Today when I picked up the boys from school the first thing they asked me before they even got in the car was if they could go to the park, of course putting me right on the spot in front of their teacher. So I did what any mother would do, I said.."We'll see." So they got all buckled up and I asked them how their day was. I got the usual response...It was good, so and so wasn't there, so and so had to sit in time out, etc. But this time they were very eager to end the conversation. When we got home, Bryce asked again if they could go to the park. When I asked him why he wanted to go to the park so bad he told me that he had arranged a date with another girl in their class. They had planned to meet at our local park at 4:00PM. Sadly, my boys did make it to the park but their "date" never showed. They of course were not disappointed. They simply said, "well mommy, we tried our best!" It was so precious. I am so thankful that they have made such wonderful friends in their class.


Ethan and Bryce are extremely obsessed with any sort of rescue vehicle. May it be a fire truck, ambulance, police car, police helicopter, or H.E.R.O unit, they just love them. They even like the tow trucks with lights on them. Everyday after school they beg me to take them to the Fire station so they can see all the fire trucks and ambulances. They even want to grow up to be paramedics. Today, coming home from t-ball practice we saw a H.E.R.O unit and Bryce immediately said "Look Mommy! It's an Alabama ambulance!" I told him it was a H.E.R.O unit and asked him why he thought it was an Alabama ambulance and he said because it was yellow and short. My boys are little Georgia boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment