Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First time for everything

So, I've thought long and hard about starting a blog. I really enjoy reading what others have to say and tell about their families so...why not. It's also a great way for me to keep all my friends updated on my family and of course, they new addition that is growing away in my tummy. As of this past Monday, I am 15 weeks. It's been quite a journey. The decision alone to try for a third child took over a year. For the first few weeks I longed to have that pregnant "feeling." I was all ready for what morning sickness had to bring. Little did I know it would last all day long. I'm not usually the one that will call to have the doctor prescribe something but this time was a little different. Then when I was about 9 weeks I began experiencing some of the most painful pains I've ever had. I gave birth to twins without any medication and the pain that I felt was a lot worse than any pain during childbirth. Joe took me to DeKalb medical (which is where I will deliver) and they sent me to the ER. Several hours later I was going home still with pain but no explanation of why. That all happened on a Friday night. Joe was leaving Sunday morning to go on the annual Dwarf House retreat. This year it was in Hilton Head, SC. So Sunday after he left I had to call my parents to take me back to the hospital while Joe's parents watched our boys. This time they kept me in their 23 hour holding room only to send me home once again with no explanation of why I was in such horrible pain. I went home Monday night and on Tuesday I had a follow up appointment with my OB/GYN and while in his office the pain was so intense I couldn't sit down or stand up so he sent me back to the hospital except this time it was for a minimum of an overnight stay. They finally were able to figure out that my gall bladder was inflamed and enlarged. So after some meds things were better and they sent me home. Since then things have been ok. Not great by any means, but definitely ok. I'm finally out of my morning sickness "stage" and can hopefully now begin enjoying what just a few months will bring. We will find out what we're having on the 26th of this month. They boys are really hoping for a baby sister. I hope they're not to bummed if it's another brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment